Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Dr. Ayodele Oladipo Bankole Sasegbon, 20 Years Rememebrance

20 years ago on the 17th of March we celebrated the life of our Dad.
Dr. Ayodele Bankole Sasegbon .
Daddy touched and impacted many lives.
We remember his teachings shepherding, guidance, his laughter, mmm........his infectious laughter that could be heard a block away.
We continue to celebrate his life .
I pray Gods continued blessings on his soul and mighty blessings on the whole entire family far and wide.
Daddy was very big on holding the family together. I think we are doing a good job.
He would like that,......... yes !!! he would like that.

5 comments:

  1. thank you for the message which is true to the point.may his soul rest in perfect peace.i remember and cherish many of his visionary statements and advice.he was very supportive of me when i was a graduate student and insisted i should complete my research work no matter what the challenges were.again,thanks for bringing it up.sunmolu beckley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very touching Aunty Tunde. I wish I could have met him (properly)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen Mom! I agree with Biba I wish I could have know him properly. I am sure God and him are both watching over all of us everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A little bit of history for us all:
    The Conjoined Twins Of Kano 1954
    TWINS OF KANO. BRITISH. MEDICAL JOURNAL. Dr. Holm, of Minnesota, successfully separated conjoined ...... I must express my gratitude to Dr. A. 0. Sasegbon, of Kano ...

    I post this as an inspiration to us all to show that we come from a family of achievers.It is good to use history as an example it defines things more.
    Cousin Sunmolu and Aunty Ade if you have more to comment on this we would appreciate it.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the siamese twins were the first documented in West Africa and the picture of him sending them to london was on the newsreel for over a year at the cinemas in Nigeria.his surgical training in the U.K made that feasible.i came to appreciate this during my discussions about new surgical ideas after my own surgical training. he was always interested and we always had lively discussions especially with my publications.he was humble and said very little about his accomplishments.may he R.I.P. sunmolu beckley

    ReplyDelete